Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shoe fetish continued...

I'm proud to present my first Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project using Lost Coast Designs border stamps! OMG - I love their stamps! I used the Squiggles border and Spiral border for the insole of my shoe! I admitted a while back that I have a shoe fetish and I found another shoe template - a mule with a heel -  that I just HAD to try out! This one was created by the talented Stacy Cohen.

I experimented with different media to cover the toe section, insole and heel. After cutting out the shoe pieces (but before assembling the shoe), I put down some MS lilac ink on my craft mat and sprayed it with a mixture of Pewter Perfect Pearls (from the Aged Patina Perfect Pearls kit) and water in a mini mister. Then I took a paint brush and swirled it in the mixture, then randomly dabbed it on the toe section and insole. I did the same thing with MS bamboo ink, dabbing until the pieces were covered. For the heel, I just sprayed the Perfect Pearls and water mixture onto the craft mat (leaving out the ink) swirled the paint brush in it and dabbed it onto the heel. I set all three pieces aside to dry thoroughly before assembling the shoe.

After everything was dry (I did cheat and hit them with the heat tool for a few seconds), I stamped the LCD Squiggles and Spiral borders with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, going off the sides and ends to give it a natural look. I placed both of the borders side-by-side and only had to make two impressions. And these stamps are so perfect to work with - I didn't even have to use the positioning tool.

I assembled the shoe and embellished it with Want2Scrap white pearl swirl flourishes and green flat-back pearls, and some beautiful handmade plum inked flowers from The Crafting Boutique that I sprayed with the  Perfect Pearls and water mixture.

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock
  • Stacy Cohen's shoe template (mule with heel)
  • Lost Coast Designs Squiggles border and Spiral border stamps
  • Memento Bamboo Leaves ink
  • Aged Patina Perfect Pearls
  • Inkessentials mini mister
  • Martha Stewart lilac and bamboo ink
  • Want2Scrap white pearl swirl flourishes and green flat-back pearls
  • The Crafting Boutique's handmade plum inked flowers




Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

4 comments:

Stacy Cohen said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog and the credit on your blog! I'm glad you like the template. I love what you've done with your paper shoes! I never thought to embellish the flat part of the shoe with flourishes. Gorgeous!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Holy moly! What an amazing shoe! Love those roses around the rim, and your insole is GORGEOUS with those LCD borders!

Stacey Dunning - Blockheads Paper Arts said...

These shoes are so adorable. I love the multiple border stamp background. It is beautiful.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

I'm loving your shoe and flip flop fetish :0) Wonderful use for the LCD borders!