Monday, April 23, 2012

my friend

What a lucky girl I am! Tammy Ortiz left a comment on my blog several days ago and asked me to guest design for her upcoming challenge! The theme for Tammy's Scrappin Corner Weekly Challenge #7 is "Anything Goes" but with a twist - show us a critter! Come play with us! The winner will receive a $10 gift certificate to the awesome Whimsy Stamps! My mojo was rockin' and I was in a CAS kind of mood so I created a very simple black and white card with a gold embossed leaves focal image and a gorgeous light green, aqua and dark blue butterfly perched on the corner of the focal image. I used a gold butterfly Dazzles, and since my focal image was gold embossed, it was just too much "gold", so I colored it with a black Copic marker. After it was dry, I adhered it to a piece of clear acetate and colored the wings on the back side with Bic Mark-It markers, then cut it out. My inspiration was the Cricut cartridge called "Create a Critter" which includes a butterfly among many other critters. I love the way it turned out! ;)

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white and black cardstock
  • GKD Autumn Leaves stamp set
  • Versamark; gold embossing powder
  • Butterfly Dazzles; black Copic marker
  • Light green, aqua and dark blue Bic Mark-It markers



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

4 comments:

  1. I love this card Leslie it is so fresh and the butterfly looks real xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for being a Guest Designer. Your card is so cute.

    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

    Good Luck the Winner will be announced on Sunday Evening.

    I hope to see you enter next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love reading how you put all your techniques to work on your cards. I love this. Glad you agreed to be a guest designer for Tammy. I knew she would love your work. joann Sassy Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Leslie! That butterfly is wonderful!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D