Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Medallion Note Card

Here is my second Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project using Lost Coast Designs border stamps! I used the Spiral border along with the medallion stamp from the Blockheads Floral Ornaments Full Sheet stamp set and some Purple Flash Textiva Fusible Film to create a CAS medallion note card. Wow - what shimmer, shine and color this film exudes! I bought it at Blockheads several years ago but unfortunately they no longer carry it. :(

This was a super easy card to make. I started by cutting my card base from white cardstock. I then cut a white background piece and matted it on black cardstock, and adhered it to the card base. I cut two pieces of the film and ironed them between two pieces of tissue paper. You know me - Ms. Experimenter... I discovered the more you iron it, the more vibrant the colors become! I then stamped the medallion onto the fused film piece with black StazOn ink and cut it out with a Spellbinders classic circles die. I then cut a circle frame using two classic circles dies. I stamped the LCD Spiral border with Memento tuxedo black ink, trimmed it, matted it on black cardstock and adhered it to the bottom of the matted background. I adhered the circle frame in the center and then attached the medallion in the center of the frame with dimensional foam pads. I added some black flat-back pearls to the upper left and lower right of the frame, and she was finished!

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white and black cardstock
  • Medallion stamp from the Blockheads Floral Ornaments Full Sheet stamp set
  • Purple Flash Textiva Fusible Film
  • Black StazOn ink
  • Spellbinders classic circles dies
  • Lost Coast Designs Spiral border stamp
  • Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Want2Scrap black flat-back pearls


Look at the colors on that medallion! :)



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Just look at that shine! I love the purply goodness of that medallion, and your border is just the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really rich and gorgeous, Leslie--love how you got a good photo of the shimmer!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Leslie, I love the shimmer of the card, it is beautiful. Joann Sassy Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH! Love it! I have never tried that film. You sure made it look good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, thought I'd already left you love on this one--probably on the Blockheads blog no doubt ;0)

    So...WOW WOW WOW! I love this one, the medallion is yummy! Darn, I was just thinking I want to get some of that film, will go hunting for it now coz I've never tried it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D