Friday, April 27, 2012

Liebster Blog Award


OMG! I am so very honored to have been given the Liebster Blog Award by Joann Burton of Sassy Raggedy! Thank you so much, Joann, for passing this wonderful award to me and my blog! This award is very touching for several reasons. Even though I've been crafting and scrapbooking for 40 years, and making cards for a little over 17 years, I'm a relatively new blogger, rubber-stamper and Copics fanatic - since July of last year. To be honest, I am a very private person and struggled with the idea of blogging for quite a while before I finally talked myself into giving it a try. I had another website where I started blogging but it wasn't getting much traffic, so after about two months of blogging on there, I decided to transfer the posts over to Blogger and created Love To Scrap! in September 2011.

My first blog post on Blogger was on September 15, 2011 and I have to say that I really, really enjoy blogging and wonder why I waited so long! I love giving back some of the inspiration that I've gotten along the way from looking at the amazing work of fellow crafters. I've met quite a few new friends in this relatively short amount of time, Joann Burton (a.k.a. Sassy Raggedy) being one of them! :)

I have seen the Liebster Blog Award posted on several blogs but didn't really know what it was all about. As explained by Joann:
The Liebster Blog Award is passed on to inspirational blogs with less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning "dearest" or "favorite" and the tradition is to pass the Award on to five other blogs that have encouraged, inspired and motivated. 


To accept the Award, the recipients are asked to do the following:

  • Thank the person who gave you the Award on your blog
  • Link back to their blog on your blog
  • Post the Award to your blog
  • Pass the Award on to five of your most valued blogs with less than 200 followers
  • Leave a comment on those five blogs to let them know you've chosen them for the Award


I would like to pass the Liebster Blog Award on to the following five of my favorite blogs (names in alphabetical order because I'm OCD that way):
  • Celine of Celine's Creaties - Celine's creations are amazing and she is truly a paper artist
  • Connie of Connie's Crafty Closet - Connie uses her Cricut quite a bit and creates some very awesome and unique projects
  • Katrina (a.k.a. Flutterby Trina) of Creations By A Butterfly - Katrina works with a lot of digis and her coloring is fabulous
  • Kozmik of Kozmikz Kardz - Kozmik has a unique style and her cards are absolutely gorgeous
  • Rebecca of Sydney's Sentiments - Rebecca is super talented and it really shows in her projects 
I hope each of these talented ladies don't mind that I occasionally stalk their blogs! At least I do it quietly! :) And I hope they each accept the Liebster Blog Award that I have passed on to them. This is really quite an honor for me and once again - thank you, Joann, from the bottom of my heart! I'm grateful for our new-found friendship!

Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

Tammy Ortiz said...

Congrats Leslie I sure lthink you deserve this award.
I am so honored to know you.
Hugs

Joann Burton said...

Leslie, Thank you for your sweet comments. I think you made wonderful choices for the award as I visited each site tonight and became a follower of all of them. Great job, joann sassy raggedy

Céline said...

Hi Leslie, thank you so much for the award. I'm really honoured to receive this. I'm going to think about to whom I'll give this reward and then pass it on!
Again thank you!
Hugs Céline

Dot said...

Hi Leslie, thanks so much for your kind words and your nomination.
I
love to cooperate with you and all the other girls I have 'met' the last tree years.

I've made the decision that I will keep my blog free of any awards. I hope you understand my point of view and not finding me too strange

But I'll give you a big hug instead.
Dorte,xxx

Leslie Turner said...

Dot, I totally understand! I will update my post, remove your name and pass the award on to another one of my favs. But you should know that your blog is still an 'award winner' in my opinion! Your work is amazing! :)