Saturday, April 7, 2012

I'm sorry... (you're under the weather)

My latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project was made with Perfect Pearls-Jewels and the fabulous Blockheads Flowers Full Sheet stamp set! OMG - there are sooo many possibilities with this stamp set! The sentiments are from the Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set. I did quite a bit of distressing around the edges of the focal image and card base with the Tim Holtz  distressing tool and Ranger Antique Linen distress ink. I created the background with DTP Ranger Fired Brick distress ink. I went a little bit further and hit the organza ribbon with the heat tool to curl it up a bit. I snipped the loop off the top of a really cute little dragonfly charm from Blockheads Brass Nature Charms and attached it to the center of the bow. Hopefully this card will make the recipient feel a little better!

This really was a very simple card to make. I started by cutting the card base from GKD ivory cardstock and rounding the corners with the Corner Chomper tool. I distressed the edges with the Tim Holtz distressing tool, then inked them with Antique Linen distress ink. I cut a background piece of ivory cardstock, and using the DTP (direct-to-paper) technique, inked the entire piece with Fired Brick distress ink, turning the pad in a different direction each time it touched the cardstock, then set it aside to dry. I then stamped the large poppy flower image with Perfect Medium on a piece of ivory cardstock, and brushed Forever Red Perfect Pearls over the flower portion of the poppy and Forever Green Perfect Pearls over the stems and leaves, then sprayed the piece with matte fixative. I then rounded the corners with the Corner Chomper tool, then distressed the edges with the distressing tool, then inked them with Antique Linen distress ink. I stamped the "I'm sorry..." sentiment on the bottom with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I went back to the inked background piece and hit it with the heat tool for a few seconds to make sure it was good and dry, and rounded those corners with the Corner Chomper tool, then distressed the edges with the distressing tool. I cut two pieces of red organza ribbon and made a bow from one of them, then hit both pieces with the heat gun to curl them up a bit. I attached the flat piece slightly below the center of the inked background piece, adhered the poppy flower focal image piece with 1/8" dimensional foam squares and adhered the bow. I snipped the loop off of the top of the dragonfly charm and attached it to the center of the bow. I finished the front of the card with three flat-back pearls on the upper left.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock
  • Popply flower image from the Blockheads Flowers Full Sheet stamp set
  • Sentiments from the Blockheads Verses-Feel Better stamp set
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Ranger Antique Linen and Fired Brick distress inks
  • Perfect Pearls-Jewels kit
  • Blockheads Brass Nature Charms 
  • Red organza ribbon; Want2Scrap LeCreme flat-back pearls



The inside was super simple - all I did was stamp the "you're under the weather" sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa ink on a strip of ivory cardstock, distress the upper and lower edges with the distressing tool, ink them with the Antique Linen distress ink, and adhere the panel to the inside. I wanted to leave enough room to hand-write something. (Sorry about that blasted shadow in the lower left corner!)


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

8 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous flower!

    Thanks for questing with us at UPA!

    Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry on the 16th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful Leslie, and I'm still loving the crinkled ribbon trick ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image and love your trick with the ribbon. Very effective. Thanks for joining us at UPA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful :o)
    Thanks for getting inky with us at UPA!
    Sam :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous, I love that stamp. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU this month, hope to see you next month. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. How did you know I was under the weather and needed this...LOL... Thank you for sharing and joining in at LIIU. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Great stamp and distressing. Love the heated ribbon.
    Thanks for joining us at LIIU.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D