Saturday, April 28, 2012

If you worried about falling off the bike,

...you'd never get on
      ~Lance Armstrong

How true is that?! It's been a while since I created a card specifically to enter into some challenges, so I spent the day in the scrap room while hubby was off to Georgia to some sort of RC event with his buddies. Yes, he actually took a day off! I cannot remember the last time he took a day off! I didn't go so I could stay home and scrap! :) This card ended up totally different than the way it started. Ever switch gears in the middle of a creative spark? All the stamping and distressing were done with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and a felt square. I've never distressed any edges like this before (another experiment) but it came out kind of feathery-looking and cool. I created my own background with square die cuts (yes, each one individually cut and embossed with a Spellbinders die) embossed and stamped with faded background text. I embossed the bicycle with ivory embossing powder. I couldn't decide if I should spray the ivory ribbon with walnut ink and ended up just leaving it alone. I left the inside blank to write a note. This is definitely unique!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:



Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory and brown cardstock
  • Stampabilities faded background text stamp
  • Memento Rich Cocoa ink
  • Bicycle and sentiment from the Taylored Expressions 'In The Park' stamp set
  • Versamark; ivory embossing powder
  • Spellbinders classic squares, lacey circles and ribbon banners dies
  • Want2Scrap LeCreme flat-back pearls; ivory organza ribbon



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

6 comments:

  1. Wow, your card sure turned out great. I love it. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! It's got such a lovely, elegant look to it - and I LOVE the way you did the background with the little squares. Fabulous! What a super sentiment, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the color combo and that background is fantastic! Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love the saying/sentiment and the fabulous card.

    Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge on Paperplay this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely vintage card! So glad you joined our Whimsy Inspiration 'Distressed' Challenge this week! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D