Sunday, April 15, 2012

Embossed Flip Flop

I know, I know... I'll stop after this one! ;) I couldn't resist making just one more! This is the last of several Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration projects using Lost Coast Designs border stamps. I have now used all the borders we were given to play with, and actually used two of them twice. This embossed flip flop was done with bronze embossing on black cardstock using the Antique Text and Squiggles border stamps. I even made a sole from Almost Leather that I ran through the Big Shot with the argyle embossing folder and black StazOn ink, and then added a tiny heel. I embellished this flip flop with a single black flower. This is just too much fun! :D

I cut out the flip flop upper sole and two straps from black cardstock, and another bottom sole and heel from Almost Leather. I wet embossed the upper sole with bronze embossing powder and the Antique Text and Squiggles LCD border stamps, and the two straps with the Antique Text border stamp. I brayered black StazOn ink onto one side of the Argyle embossing folder slipped the bottom sole into it and ran them through the Big Shot. I attached the straps and glued on the bottom sole and the heel, then added a single black flower. I've posted my template with instructions as a freebie to share HERE.

I'm entering my Embossed Flip Flop into the following challenges:
Paper Sundaes Challenge #116 - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays 54 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin - Girly But No Pink

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury black cardstock
  • Leslie Turner's flip flop template
  • Lost Coast Designs Antique Text and Squiggles border stamps
  • Versamark; bronze embossing powder
  • Almost Leather by Comotion
  • Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder
  • Black StazOn ink
  • Black flower





Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

8 comments:

  1. Lovely idea with the flip flop and what a good way to give an invite to a summer BBQ.... love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie, what a fab project! So clever, I love it!!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again! Forgot to say thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! How clever is this, it looks brilliant! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and you even decorated the bottom of the flip flops! How amazing! I wish these could be real, Leslie. I like the shiny embossed borders on the shoes. They look quite realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so great ;o)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet' Stampin this week.


    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooolala! Now this one is styling :0)
    I'm getting an Egyptian vibe from this one ;0) Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D