Saturday, March 24, 2012

Inspire (Vintage)

Here is my latest Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project - a card with a vintage flair that I made using Blockheads glossy black cardstock, Bamboo Leaves Fireworks craft ink spray, Blockheads Verses Full Sheet and Vintage Portraits stamp sets and Perfect Pearls (Jewels and Metallics)! I love to experiment and had a grand time playing!

I cut a card base from plain black cardstock. I then made the background by spraying the Fireworks craft ink spray in a few short bursts (at a distance of 6-8 inches) over a piece of black glossy cardstock. I blotted the wet ink with a wadded piece of paper towel. This left gorgeous gold speckles all over the cardstock. I hit it with a heat tool for a few seconds to make sure it was good and dry. I then stamped the postcard/postmark image randomly all over the cardstock with Perfect Medium, then dusted each image randomly with violet, blue and green Perfect Pearls. I cut an oval from plain black cardstock using a classic ovals Spellbinders die, and applied Perfect Medium (DTP) to the oval about 3/8" inward and dusted it with the blue Perfect Pearls. I then sprayed matte fixative on both pieces and set them aside.

I stamped the matron's silhouette on purple cardstock with Memento tuxedo black ink and cut it out. I stamped "inspire" on a small piece of the same purple cardstock, embossed it with black embossing powder and cut it out with a small classic ovals Spellbinders die. I cut another oval from plain black cardstock using a slightly larger classic ovals Spellbinders die onto which I matted the embossed purple "inspire" piece. I cut a lacey oval from gold mirror cardstock using a lacey ovals Spellbinders die. It was too shiny, so I applied Perfect Medium (DTP) to the lacey oval about 3/4" inward and dusted it with bronze Perfect Pearls, and sprayed matte fixative on it. It looked like it still needed a little something, so I lightly touched the outer portion of the loops with the Perfect Medium and dusted them with copper Perfect Pearls, and sprayed a tad more matte fixative on it and set it aside.

I matted the black background piece onto a piece of the same purple cardstock that I used for the silhouette and the sentiment, adhered a piece of black satin picot-edged ribbon to the left side, and adhered the unit to the card base. I then adhered the silhouette piece onto the lacey oval piece, attached a black bow (organza ribbon hit with the heat tool to curl it up a bit) to the bottom of the silhouette and adhered a white flat-back pearl to the center of the bow. I attached the oval unit to the background piece (off center a bit to the left) with dimensional squares, adhered the sentiment piece to the bottom right and finished it off with some black flat-back pearls on the upper right and lower left.

Recipe:

  • Blockheads glossy black cardstock; Gina K Designs Pure Luxury black cardstock; purple cardstock; gold mirror cardstock
  • Bamboo Leaves Fireworks craft ink spray 
  • Blockheads Verses Full Sheet and Vintage Portraits stamp sets
  • Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Versamark; Ranger black embossing powder
  • Perfect Pearls (Jewels and Metallics)
  • Spellbinders classic ovals and lacey ovals dies
  • Black satin picot-edged ribbon; black organza ribbon
  • White flat-back pearl; black flat-back pearls


For the inside, I adhered a piece of the same purple cardstock used for the elements on the front, stamped the postcard/postmark image randomly across the top with Perfect Medium and dusted each image randomly with the violet, blue and green Perfect Pearls, and sprayed it with matte fixative. I then stamped "make it happen" in the center of the Perfect Pearls images with Versamark and embossed it with black embossing powder. Sorry for the shadow in the lower right corner - I took multiple photos at different angles to try to capture the shimmer of the Perfect Pearls and the embossed sentiment, which proved to be somewhat difficult and produced that darn shadow! :)


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

4 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful, Leslie! Love that cameo.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Very pretty I love the dark vintage style on this one!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Very pretty Leslie! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a blessed day! Melisa

Joann Burton said...

Leslie, I love vintage and this is beautiful...joann sassy raggedy