Saturday, March 31, 2012

Inspire (Nature)

Wow - I finally had some time to create a Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project with their totally awesome Inspired By Nature stamp set! I've had this set for several weeks now and have been "jones-ing" to use it! I also used several sentiment stamps from their Verses Full Sheet. Most of the products I used for this project are available at Blockheads! One stop shop! :) I absolutely love how this card turned out!

After cutting my card base, I cut another piece of layering weight cardstock in quarters (I needed three quarter pieces). I created my background piece by dabbing Ranger Antique Linen distress ink (using the DTP technique) all over the cardstock, turning the pad each time it touched down. I then sponged Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge distress inks and Memento Bamboo Leaves ink randomly over it. I trimmed it and matted it on a piece of burnt orange textured Colorbok cardstock. I stamped the large Inspire image twice with Versamark and embossed both with gold embossing powder. [One of the images was completely covered with embossing powder and embossed, which was the focal image piece, and the second image was only partially covered with embossing powder, focusing mainly on the Inspire block and the leaf, so as not to waste embossing powder since I was going to cut them out later.] I stamped a single large flower with Versamark and embossed it with gold embossing powder. I then colored both flowers and both leaves with Copics, and then cut out the single flower, and the leaf and Inspire block from the partially embossed piece. I also cut out the large (fully embossed) Inspire focal image piece and matted it on a piece of the burnt orange textured Colorbok cardstock.

I cut two pieces of green organza ribbon - left one flat and made a bow out of the other one - and hit them with both the heat tool to curl them up a bit. I adhered the flat piece of ribbon to the right side of the sponged matted cardstock background piece, and then adhered the unit to the card base. I then affixed the Inspire focal image piece onto the background piece with thin dimensional pads. I then layered the extra flower, leaf and Inspire block on top of the focal image piece with the thin dimensional pads. I finished the card with some orange sherbet flat-back pearls (top right and lower left) and a tiny brown button in the center of the green bow. Isn't she lovely?!

I'm entering this card into the Unruly Paper Arts April Reader Art Quest 1: Sponging Spectacular!

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock; Colorbok burnt orange textured cardstock
  • Ranger distress inks: Antique Linen, Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge
  • Memento Bamboo Leaves ink
  • Blockheads Inspired By Nature stamp set and Verses Full Sheet
  • Versamark; gold embossing powder
  • Copics: YR04, YR09, YR14, G12, G24, E35
  • Green organza ribbon; orange sherbet flat-back pearls; tiny brown button

The inside was super simple and consists of a wide strip of the burnt orange textured Colorbok cardstock with scraps from the sponged cardstock background piece adhered above sentiment stamps from the Blockheads Verses Full Sheet. Easy peasy!



Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs, 
Leslie

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the colors together and the pearls are such an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is just wonderful. I love the colors and the way you went about achieving the look. The pearls and the ribbon bow are outstanding. Very nice. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Leslie! Just left you some love at the BHD blog for this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card! Love all the inky goodness!

    Thanks for questing with us at UPA!

    Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry on the 16th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and I love how your background mat came out! Neat trick with the ribbon curling too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card with wonderful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely spring colours. Thanks for joining us at UPA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D