Friday, February 10, 2012

Tweet Thing

This is my second inspiration card for The Crafter's Cafe Blog Hop using the sweet "Love Birds" image from A Creative Need. I distressed the edges of all the layered pieces and sanded the embossed piece to give this a woodsy feel. I like the way it turned out! I was just too pooped last night to get it on the blog, so I saved it for today to make the fun last just a tad longer! The Hop has been a blast, and I'm proud to share this experience with so many talented paper artists! All the sponsors have been so generous to allow us the use of their images for inspiration cards! Be sure you head back to The Crafter's Cafe tomorrow for lots more fun, games and prizes all day long, ending with a Craft N Chat at 8 PM EST!

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock
  • Two coordinating pieces from the DCWV Latte matstack
  • Ranger weathered wood distress ink
  • "Love Birds" digi image from A Creative Need
  • Copics: E39, YG17, G09, B91, B95, B97
  • Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder
  • Sizzix 3-D Flowers die
  • Spellbinders Labels Eight die
  • Sentiment from the GKD Falling for You stamp kit
  • Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Brads; blue and cream ribbons; blue gemstones

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I'm happy to discover yours, as well. This is a lovely card - I really like that double-layer bow. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I also used this image for my card as part of the blog hop. I love the way you have coloured the image and the layers you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Leslie!! I love the blues, and the embossed bg!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D