My Scrappy Friends

Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Things I Gotta Do" Dry Erase Board

OMG! I just made another really fun Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project! These ladies waiting for Mr. Right are a hoot! This project was very inexpensive, didn't take long to make and didn't use a long list of supplies! I used some cardstock, two Blockheads stamps, some Blockheads Tacky Red Tape and a few other odds and ends from my stash. The only thing I purchased specifically for this project was the 5 x 7 acrylic frame and a 3-pack of dry erase markers, all for a whopping $2.50 plus tax! I would like to give StampTV credit for the dry erase board idea!

I created the "Things I Gotta Do" block on my computer and printed it in brown ink on ivory cardstock, then randomly stamped the dotted background from the Blockheads 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set with Memento rich cocoa ink all over the block, being sure to go off all four edges. I then stamped the Lost Coast Designs "Waiting For Mr. Right" stamp on the other end of the cardstock, cut them both out and matted them on brown cardstock. I then cut a 5 x 7 piece of base-weight ivory cardstock to fit the frame, adhered the lovely ladies on the top and the write-in block on the bottom, then slipped the unit into the frame. I sprayed off-white ribbon with walnut ink to get it nice and brown to match the project and let it dry. Once it was dry, I adhered a strip of the ribbon across the front with 1/8" Blockheads Tacky Red Tape. This is some awesome stuff that's made for adhering beads, micro marbles and such (it's very tacky and very transparent) but works very well adhering sheer ribbon. I fashioned a bow out of this same dyed ribbon, affixed a clock charm to it with a brad, and adhered it to the strip of ribbon. I finished the project with three chocolate flat-back pearls on the upper left and three more on the lower right portion of the ladies stamp.

I'm entering "Things I Gotta Do" into the following challenges:

Poisoned Peas First Challenge - Freestyle
http://poisonedpeas.blogspot.com/2012/02/first-challenge.html

Crafting For All Seasons Challenge #20 - Love Is In The Air
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.com/2012/02/ch-20-love-is-in-air.html

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge 56 - With All My Heart
http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-56-with-all-my-heart.html

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #44- Girly Girl Projects
http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/2012/02/monday-challenge-44-girly-girl-projects.html

Recipe:

  • 5 x 7 acrylic frame; dry erase markers
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory and brown cardstock
  • Dotted background stamp from the Blockheads 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set
  • Lost Coast Designs "Waiting For Mr. Right" stamp 
  • Memento rich cocoa ink
  • 1/8" Blockheads Tacky Red Tape
  • Off-white ribbon dyed with Tsukineko walnut ink spray
  • Clock charm; brad; chocolate flat-back pearls




7 comments:

Stacey Dunning - Blockheads Paper Arts said...

What an awesome project! I never would have thought of using an acrylic frame as a dry-erase board. I love the Lost Coast stamp.

cass said...

this is wonderful, great idea

Jan said...

Fab card thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

Lizy said...

What an AWESOME idea Leslie!! I have saved this link and I so HAVE to try it!!!
Thanks for joining us at SS this week!
Lizy DT x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Leslie, Wow! This is a fab, unique, unexpected dry erase board! I think that stamp has such a funny title, about waiting for Mr. Right. ;)

Karen McAlpine said...

Leslie, this is just too cool!! I love the images and what a great project idea!! This project would a great gift idea. Love it!! PS: love it stamped in the cocoa ink.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What a fantastic project! I absolutely love it! Well done indeed!