Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Inspire

I wanted to get one more Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project in before the end of the month, so I took the day off to stay home to scrap! I had plans of making several cards today, but only one has materialized. My morning ended up being very busy running several unexpected errands, so I didn't get into the scrap room until almost noon. But that's okay - it's been a good day anyway!

I created my collage "Inspire" card with several Blockheads stamps and my own unique background. I was experimenting, like I do quite often, with some lilac spray ink on some textured cardstock with some sort of coating. It has almost a waxy feeling and has somewhat of a shine to it but it's not glossy cardstock. The ink beaded up on it and wasn't seeming to dry, even after hitting it with my heat tool, so I decided to put some clear embossing powder on it and emboss it. Even after embossing it, the beaded spots were still a little wet  so I blotted it with a paper towel, applied a little more clear embossing powder and embossed it again. This time the beaded spots were almost completely dry, so blotting it a second time did the trick. What an awesome background it made for my card!

I stamped the beautiful Chloe Collage image on white cardstock with Memento Paris Dusk ink. I then stamped the ink spots with spun sugar distress ink randomly over top the Chloe Collage, and the butterflies with rusty hinge overlayed with mustard seed distress inks over top the Chloe Collage. The ink spots and butterflies are two of my favorites in the Blockheads 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set. I highlighted the butterflies with a Sakura stardust pen. I stamped another set of butterflies on white cardstock, highlighted with Sakura stardust pen, and cut them all out. I bent the wings and attached them on top of the ones stamped on the Chloe Collage. I stamped a moth on white cardstock with fired brick distress ink and colored it with orange and yellow Copics, cut it out and mounted it toward the bottom of the Chloe Collage. I cut three rolled flowers out of white cardstock and sprayed them with terra cotta spray ink, and when they were dry I mounted them on the bottom left of the Chloe Collage. I applied a strip of tissue tape under a piece of ribbon diagonally across the top left corner of the background and adhered the Chloe Collage on the background. I then adhered a double-looped bow on the center of the ribbon on the upper left corner of the collage, pinned a tiny safety pin in the center and knotted a mini pearl strand on it. I finished the card by adhering an embossed "Inspire" tag that I had in my stash on the bottom right.

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white and black cardstock; green and textured blue cardstock
  • Tsukineko terra cotta and lilac spray inks; clear embossing powder
  • Lost Coast Designs Chloe Collage stamp
  • Memento Paris Dusk ink
  • Ink spots and butterflies from the Blockheads Paper Arts 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set
  • Ranger spun sugar and mustard seed distress inks
  • Moth from the Blockheads Paper Arts Whimsical-Take Flight stamp set
  • Ranger rusty hinge and fired brick distress inks
  • Sakura stardust pen
  • Copics: YR04, Y15
  • Sizzix 3-D flower die
  • McGill petite petals punch
  • White ribbon; orange sherbet and lemon sherbet flat-back pearls
  • Tim Holtz Sketchbook tissue tape
  • Tiny safety pin; mini pearl strand; embossed "Inspire" tag


Thanks so much for stopping by - see you next time!
Hugs,
Leslie

5 comments:

trisha too said...

Leslie, this is such a great card--what a sweet image!

:)

maisie sparrow's vintage pictures said...

This is beautiful Leslie !! Did you make the flowers yourself?Maisie.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, good for you, getting to just scrap all day, Leslie! Looks like you were quite productive, too. This is heavenly!

Cissy Prestage said...

Hi Leslie!
Thanks for your sweet comment about my purple shoe card! Your "inspire" card is absolutely beautiful!
Hugs,
Cissy

Cissy Prestage said...

Thanks for following our blog! I'm so happy you like what we do. We sure have a lot of fun! I'm following you, too!
Take care,
Cissy