Sunday, February 12, 2012

High Heel Shoe!

Well, what's a girl with a shoe fetish to do? Craft a paper shoe! This is my first-ever attempt at a shoe, for a Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration project, and I'm so tickled at how well it turned out! OMG - what fun this was! I love my Blockheads stamps and this was the perfect project to use several of them!

The shoe template is by Ellen Hutson. I cut the pieces from sturdy brown cardstock. I stamped the shoe body with Memento rich cocoa ink and the dot design background stamp from the Blockheads 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set. I wanted a definite but subtle pattern with the brown ink on brown cardstock. I stamped random butterflies across the toe portion with Versamark and a butterfly stamp from the Blockheads Whimsical-Take Flight stamp set, then embossed them in gold. I assembled the shoe - this took me a little while since I had never done a project like this before! I covered the sole with a piece of textured gold-brown lightweight cardstock. I made a rolled flower out of the same brown cardstock that the shoe was made from and attached it to the toe, along with three gemstones. I decorated the inside of the shoe with a long black swirl flourish, gold vellum handmade flowers, and three small butterflies from the Blockheads 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set that I stamped on brown cardstock with Versamark, embossed in gold and then cut out. I finished the shoe by defining the top of the heel with two small strips of faux suede. The finished measurements of this amazing shoe are 6-1/2" long, 3-3/4" high and 1-1/2" wide.

I'm entering my High Heel Shoe into the following challenges:

StampTV Free For All Friday - Let's Get Moving (HAPPY FEET MOVE!)
http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/free-for-all-friday-let-s-get-moving

Little Miss Muffet Challenge #28 - Valentines and Love (MY LOVE OF SHOES!)
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-28-valentines-and-love.html

Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge PWC192 - Add texture (WET EMBOSSING)
http://www.paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/paper-pretties-wednesday-challenge_08.html

Poisoned Peas First Challenge - Freestyle
http://poisonedpeas.blogspot.com/2012/02/first-challenge.html

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury brown cardstock
  • Blockheads Paper Arts 123 Backgrounds-Butterflies stamp set
  • Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Blockheads Paper Arts Whimsical-Take Flight stamp set
  • Versamark; gold embossing powder
  • McGill petite petals punch
  • Gold vellum; black brads
  • Sizzix 3-D Flowers die
  • Golden rod Stickles
  • Queen & Co. chocolate delight Rox gemstones
  • Faux adhesive-backed black suede
  • Want2scrap black swirl flourish






8 comments:

Sydney said...

Gorgeous shoe, little sis!! You put me to shame!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

this looks like a real shoe, and a really expensive one at that, Leslie! GREAT job on this!

Cleota said...

So cool! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges.

Cleota
DT Member

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!! I have never seen anything like this---it sure looks real. Excellent job. Where did you find the template??? Sandy

Karen McAlpine said...

Whimsically wonderful, Leslie!!

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Great project! Thank you for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge, good luck! Hugs! Leah Ann

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

I love it!! You did an amazing job with all that construction and the result is fabulous!

Glenda said...

Very pretty and elegant looking shoe! Love the flowers and all your details! Great job!
Thanks for your kind comment on my Red Hat Lady shoe!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blgospot.com/