Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

The theme for this week's 2 Sisters Challenge #78 is "I Heart You" and is sponsored by Digi Doodle Shop. I've done a number of Valentine cards over the last couple weeks and decided to focus on Mother's Day for my DT inspiration card. I used the beautiful digi image "Heart Felt Roses." I'm still battling this nasty head cold and have fallen a little behind with my half-finished DT inspiration projects, but I'm determined to get ahead, so I'm working diligently! It's rare that I create a card without a layered/matted background but I did so with this one to try to focus on the scalloped chipboard circle frame which I sponged with red and pink, then dotted with gold alcohol ink. I think it turned out pretty nice and sure reminds me of my dear Mother who is no longer with us, as her favorite color was red and her favorite flower was a rose. I love you, Mom!

Recipe:

  • Marco's Paper red cardstock; Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white cardstock
  • Digi Doodle Shop's "Heart Felt Roses" digital image
  • Copics: R27, R24, Y15, YR04, YG17, G09
  • Sentiment from Craft Lounge's Vintage Roses stamp set
  • Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Spellbinders classic circles and labels seventeen dies
  • Scalloped chipboard circle frame
  • Red and pink ink; Tim Holtz Adirondack gold alchohol ink
  • Want2scrap white swirl fourishes; Colorbok red rhinestones
  • Red ribbon; gold thread, pink polka dot button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D