My Scrappy Friends

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Celebrate Love

I'm back with my second DT inspiration card for 2 Sisters Challenge #78, sponsored by Digi Doodle Shop. The theme is "I Heart You" and I chose the beautiful "Just Married" digi. I did something really daring with this card... I didn't color the image! I've never done this before, and for me, it took a lot of guts to attempt because I had no idea what I would end up with! Hahahaha! But actually, I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out! I stuck with a semi-monochromatic color scheme of black/white with a splash of red, pink and silver.

Recipe:

  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white and black cardstock
  • Digi Doodle Shop's "Just Married" digital image
  • Spellbinders labels twelve dies
  • Sweet N Sassy lacey eyelet border and small scalloped border dies
  • Wedding rub-on sentiment from Making Memories
  • Oriental Trading Lovey Dovey sticky ribbon
  • Flourish cut from Cricut Wall Decor and More cartridge
  • Silver flat-back pearls; tiny pink gemstones

2 comments:

Helen Dooley said...

You have some awesome cards. Thanks for the comment!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yes! I like how it looks with the image not colored. I do like that pop of reds/pinks and hearts below, though. So pretty!