Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fun Backgrounds Created With "Framed Flowers" Crafters Workshop Template

I've been in the scrap room playing today... creating different backgrounds for the Blockheads Paper Arts DT using the "Framed Flowers" Crafters Workshop Template from Blockheads Paper Arts and several kinds of media - micro marbles, flock, alcohol inks and silver spray glitter! Woo-hoo! What fun this has been! I'm super stoked to share these with you! This template is awesome and the possibilities are endless! I've also used spray walnut ink, brayered paint and sponged distress ink with this Framed Flower template with great results.

This first one was done with MICRO MARBLES:

I laid the template on a piece of white cardstock, then pressed the Tsukineko Essential Glue Pad onto the template while carefully holding it down on the edges so it didn't slide around, and made sure all the open areas of the template got good and gooey with the glue. I then turned the template around and positioned it on the other half of the cardstock and did the same thing on the other side. I carefully removed the template and applied Blockheads metallic seafoam micro marbles on one end, Blockheads metallic pink micro marbles in the middle and Blockheads metallic lavender micro marbles on the other end. I gently but firmly pressed them down so they'd stick, then sprinked some clear embossing powder over the entire surface and hit it with the heat tool to seal it. OMG - I love the way this turned out and can't wait to create a card with it!


The next one was done with FLOCK:

I laid the template on a piece of white cardstock, then pressed the Tsukineko Essential Glue Pad onto the template while carefully holding it down on the edges so it didn't slide around, and made sure all the open areas of the template got good and gooey with the glue. I then turned the template around and positioned it on the other half of the cardstock and did the same thing on the other side. I carefully removed the template and applied Recollections Coral, Cherry, Horizon and Cricket flock. I gently but firmly pressed it down so it would stick. This turned out SO awesome! ;)


The next one was done with ALCOHOL INKS:

I applied a piece of felt to my Tim Holtz applicator and put a two-second spot of five different Ranger Adirondack inks - sunset orange, sunshine yellow, purple twilight, cranberry and gold mixative - onto the applicator. I laid the template on a piece of white glossy cardstock and randomly stamped the spot-inked applicator all over the template while carefully holding it down on the edges so it didn't slide around, being sure to cover all the open areas. I carefully removed the template and put a clean piece of felt on the applicator with a four-second spot of Ranger Adirondack alcohol blending solution and dabbed it all over the surface to  mix the inks a bit. The photo shows the gold real well over on the left-hand side but in "real life" it's all over the surface and looks so cool! I really like the way this one turned out, too!


The last one was done with silver SPRAY GLITTER:

This background was super simple. I didn't rotate the template on this one - I centered it on a piece of ivory cardstock and simply burst-sprayed silver spray glitter all over the surface. I did this outside where there was good air flow. I lightly taped the template and cardstock into the center a large shallow box lid which I held vertically for good glitter coverage. This effect is super subtle and was very hard to photograph, but is absolutely gorgeous and will make a beautiful engagement or wedding card. My photograph doesn't do it justice! :/

I really hope you've enjoyed seeing my creations and will visit the Crafters Workshop Templates section of Blockheads Paper Arts and purchase one or two! Who knows... you'll probably find some stamps or other crafting supplies that you really need for your stash while you're there! Happy crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Craft-a-licious!!! Love them all. The beaded one is super fab! Love that alcohol ink one too. Aren't these templates just so much fun. I am totally addicted to them. I can't stop making backgrounds...I may need an intervention soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow lovely eye candy to day
    Hugs Kate xxx
    ps as well as my candy, if you are interested and a software give away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you really played hard, Leslie! Such cool results. I'm still here, trying to use a crafty idea for my template. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing techniques. I love the flocking on black card stock and the Micro Marbles especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you fun you had indeed! Love all your background ideas that produced such stunning results! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D