My Scrappy Friends

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Take Flight

As a new Blockheads Paper Arts Design Team member, I'm really proud to present my first DT project, a mixed-media distressed grunge card, created with several Blockheads stamps, a Crafter's Workshop template, some ink, embossing and embellishments! OMG - I was in hog heaven with so many ideas running through my head! This was too much fun!

I created my background with walnut ink sprayed onto the flower frame template, then the stamped the dot design and ink spot backgrounds in green and blue inks. I stamped the moth on kraft cardstock, embossed it, gave the wings just a splash of color, cut it out and sponged it with ink, then added wire antennae. I added a strip of metallic blue micro marbles adhered to 1/4" Terrifically Tacky Tape. I stamped the 'Take Flight' sentiment onto kraft cardstock, then tore it out and inked the edges. I added a white pearl flourish, mounted the sentiment and the moth, then finished the card with some twine and gemstones. I think it turned out pretty cool!

I'm entering "Take Flight" into the following challenge:

Let's Ink It Up Challenge #19 - Anything Goes

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs kraft cardstock; textured blue cardstock
  • Crafter's Workshop 6x6 Flower Frame template
  • Tsukineko walnut ink (spray)
  • Blockheads Paper Arts 123 Backgrounds - Butterflies (dot design and ink spot)
  • Memento bamboo leaves ink
  • Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Tim Holtz distress tool
  • Ranger walnut stain distress ink
  • Blockheads Paper Arts Whimsical - Take Flight stamp set (moth and sentiment)
  • Versamark, gold embossing powder
  • Ranger mustard seed distress ink (brushed on with small paint brush)
  • Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Blockheads Paper Arts metallic blue micro marbles
  • 1/4" Terrifically Tacky Tape
  • Want2Scrap white swirls flourish
  • Twine
  • Studio 112 bronze gemstones

6 comments:

SuzanneK said...

Oh wow fabulous first DT card, congrats. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this month at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Karen McAlpine said...

Really fun card, Leslie!! Love that butterfly and the beads!

Tamara Morton said...

oohh what a gorgeous project, so glad that you joined us at LIIU this month. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Tamara

Stacey Dunning - Blockheads Paper Arts said...

I love the way everything in this card goes together to create a delicate and soft feel. Is the dragonfly chalked or sponged ink?

Colleen Dietrich said...

So beautiful, Leslie! Congrats on your first Blockheads post. :)

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

What a stunning card! Welcome to the team Leslie, it's going to be great fun working with you ;0)