Sunday, January 29, 2012

If I had Wings

I thoroughly enjoyed creating this Blockheads Paper Arts DT inspiration card for the February Technique Challenge - Chalk Attraction and Blog Hop. Even though I needed to make a few practice runs, I had a good time! "If I had Wings" was super simple to make. It's definitely clean and simple, which I love, and has kind of a goth/grunge flair to it. I love the way it turned out! I used stamps from the fabulous Blockheads Whimsical - Take Flight and Whimsical - Faerie Wings stamp sets. Blockheads stamps are really awesome to work with - they are deeply etched and you get a good clean/crisp stamped image on the first try. If you are a relatively new stamper, like yours truly here (I've only been stamping since July of last year), then you really need to build your collection with Blockheads' stamps.

I created a 5 x 5 card base and distressed the edges of it with black ink. I stamped the faerie image with Versamark ink on another piece of white cardstock and chalked it with black pearlescent chalk and a small pompom. I also chalked very lightly around the entire image to create a shadow. I trimmed the chalked image square and ticket-punched the corners, matted it on black cardstock, then again on red shimmer cardstock. I created a strip of red and black micro marbles (mixed together) adhered to Terrifically Tacky Tape mounted on white cardstock, then again on black cardstock, then I mounted the entire strip horizontally-centered across the card base. I stamped the sentiment with black ink on white cardstock, then mounted it on black cardstock. I affixed two tiny clear gemstones to each end of the sentiment strip as well as all four corners of the focal image piece, then I adhered tiny red gemstones to the faerie's dress. I mounted the entire focal image piece onto the card base with dimensional squares, and then mounted the sentiment onto the bottom of the focal image piece with dimensional squares.

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury white and black cardstock; red shimmer cardstock
  • Blockheads Paper Arts Whimsical - Take Flight stamp set (faerie)
  • Blockheads Paper Arts Whimsical - Faerie Wings stamp set (sentiment)
  • Versamark ink
  • Pebbles, Inc. black pearlescent chalk
  • Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Tonic ticket corner punch
  • Blockheads metallic black micro marbles
  • Blockheads metallic red micro marbles
  • Terrifically Tacky Tape
  • Tiny clear and red gemstones

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Leslie!! Love the red accents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Leslie!! Love how you added the gems along the edge of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, I can't believe you just started stamping last July!! You're good, girl!

    I think you did a great job with the chalk technique, making this little fairy look all shadowy. I tried this a few days ago, and had to throw out my work. It was no good! My kids agreed, too. ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leslie! What an awesome job you did with my Chalk Attraction Challenge Technique! It's got a smokey wispy quality to it too which I just love! Reminds me of Peter Pan's shadow ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, what a fab image!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D