Thursday, January 12, 2012

Have an All-Star birthday!

The theme for this week's Dutch Dare Card Challenge #147 is "For The Boys" and is sponsored by Karen's Doodles. I used the adorable "Summertime Boy - Baseball" digi image for my DT inspiration card, which was a lot of fun! I did the card in shades of orange and blue. I don’t make too many little boy cards, so it was hard for me to not make it girly! Hahaha! But I think I did pretty well. I used some fun embellishments - I housed the sentiment in a bottle cap filled with JudiKins diamond glaze and used some fun felt shapes!

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury kraft cardstock; medium orange textured cardstock; orange polka dot distressed cardstock; cream and orange patterned cardstock; blue cardstock
  • "Summertime Boy - Baseball" digi image from Karen's Doodles
  • Spellbinders classic ovals and scalloped ovals dies
  • Copics: E00, E01, E11, E35, E37, C1, C3, C5, YR04, YR09, YG17, Y06, B05, BV17
  • Sakura white glaze pen
  • Walnut stain distress ink
  • Bottle cap; JudiKins diamond glaze
  • Round punch
  • Computer-generated “Have an All-Star birthday” sentiment
  • Tonic ticket punch
  • Blue ribbon; orange and blue felt stars; blue felt arrow

3 comments:

  1. I think your card for a boy is perfect!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Dorte,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love how your coloring matches the papers you've used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D