Monday, January 2, 2012

Birthday Wishes

OMG! I admit that I am a purse freak! And I love animal print! I had some black crocodile paper in my stash that I was dying to use. This little purse was so much fun because I used lots of my favorite things to make it. It's about as girlie girl as it gets with the red roses, flourishes, ribbon, pearls and bling! I even hand-cut the scallops on the front flap! I added a tiny punched flower to the button closure on the front, then filled in the indention with JudiKins diamond glaze, which turned out really neat. I also dotted Liquid Pearls onto the flourishes to girlie them up a bit! Happy 2nd birthday to Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge!

I'm entering Birthday Wishes into the following challenges:

Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge 53 - Happy Birthday to Us and Animal Print
http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/12/challenge-53-happy-birthday-to-us-and.html

Dutch Dare Card Challenge #145 - My Favorite Things (Some more of my favorite things are purses, animal print, red and black color combination, embossing, flourishes, red roses and ribbon)
http://dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/12/ddcc-145-my-favorite-things-stamping_29.html

StampTV's Free For All Friday Challenge - Girlie Time!!
http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/free-for-all-friday-challenge-girlie-time

The Ribbon Girl Color Challenge #14 - Red, black & cream
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.com/2011/12/colour-challenge-no-14.html

Recipe:
  • Gina K Designs Pure Luxury ivory cardstock
  • K & Company red patterned double-sided cardstock
  • HOTP black crocodile paper
  • GKD black swiss dot digital paper from the Basic Wardrobe digital paper pack
  • Sentiment from the GKD All Occasion Tags stamp set
  • Versamark, black embossing powder
  • Spellbinders classic ovals and lacey ovals dies
  • Black ink, sponge
  • Flourishes cut with Cricut Expression/Wall Decor and More cartridge; brackets cut with Alphalicious cartridge
  • Wide red shimmer ribbon, narrow red silky ribbon
  • Red roses, black flat-back pearls, short cream pearl strands, black memory thread
  • Red button, punched flower, JudiKins diamond glaze

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leslie! What a beautiful purse card! There is so much lovely detail!
    I'm so glad to read that you had so much fun making it!
    It's a real pleasure to visit your lovely blog!
    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our, "Happy Birthday, use an Animal print" challenge!
    Warmest Hugs,
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D