Monday, December 12, 2011

Paper Roses Bouquet

The paper roses bouquet I made several months ago for my granddaughter to give to her mother (my daughter) for Mother's Day has come up in conversation several times over the last couple weeks, so I decided to post some pictures. It really did turn out beautiful, and my daughter was just tickled! She still has them proudly displayed in her living room!

I got my inspiration from watching the paper roses tutorial on Card Making Magic. Christina does a wonderful job of teaching and makes everything look so easy! You really need to go to her site and just look around, but make sure you have plenty of time because there's plenty to look at! It's pretty awesome! :)

Recipe:
  • Two bunches of silk roses from local craft store, 8 roses on each bunch (carefully remove silk roses and attach paper ones)
  • 1-3/8" round punch to create a five-petal template
  • Plenty of paper scraps in all different colors and patterns
  • Vase
  • Flat stones to fill vase and hide rose stems
  • Ribbon




8 comments:

  1. They look so beautiful . I make my own flowers too
    Saw your link at MIM
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic flowers Leslie. I saw these on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning, and hard to believe they are made of of paper. Seen on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous and really pretty. They look really authentic. I spotted you over on Make it Monday and came over for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I saw this on MIM & I just HAD to pop over and comment - these are stunning!! Making flowers is one of the many things I hope to learn :) Thank you so much for sharing them ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
    Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are really pretty. saw them on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D