Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wacky World Card Making Day Eve Challenge

In honor of World Card Making Day on October 1st, Flourishes is putting on a Wacky World Card Making Day Eve Challenge! To play this color challenge, cardmakers are to think like a kid and share their favorite animated character, and make a card that's inspired by the colors in a photograph of that character. My all-time favorite animated character is Scooby-Doo, and I've chosen an internet picture of one of the many "scary" scenes with Scooby and Shaggy to inspire my "Sole Mate" card which is done in shades of blue and brown. I used stamps from the Feminine Charm stamp set by Marcella Hawley. This was awesome fun! I've also entered this card into the 9/26-10/8 Touch Twin Color Challenge!

Recipe:
  • White, beige striped, brown polka dot, brown/blue Core'dinations and three shades of blue cardstock
  • Flourishes Feminine Charm stamp set
  • Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Spellbinders Labels Twelve die
  • Blue ink
  • Bic Mark-It Alcohol-based markers
  • Sakura gel and stardust pens
  • Blue flat-back pearls and gemstones
  • Blue funky fibers, bronze brad


Here's the Scooby and Shaggy pic with the colors that inspired me:

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! It's perfectly inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, this is too funny! I can see that Scooby Doo scene in your card and what a lovely card it is!! Tooooo fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D