Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Happy Hello gift bag

Wow - the Timeless Tuesday #137 Challenge this week at Flourishes is so awesome! In gearing up for the holidays which are fast approaching, the requirement is to make something to adorn the holiday table. I made an adorable little Thanksgiving gift bag for each placesetting at the table; the one photographed has my daughter Angie's name on it. The idea is to give each member of the family a gift bag (with their name on it) that has something special in it just for him or her since I'm so thankful to have them all together at the same table! It doesn't happen often enough! At this point, I haven't decided exactly what I'll put in them - either treats or some sort of small gift. :D

I attemped Joan Bardee's "Copic + Distress Ink + Water = Color!" technique on my focal point image. I modified the technique a bit by using Bic Mark-It alcohol-based markers rather than copics because I've just begun collecting copics and I don't have very many of them yet! My image didn't turn out quite as "water-colory" as Joan's - probably because of the difference in markers - but I think it turned out pretty nice anyway! I used stamps from the Gina K Designs Heartfelt set and layered the sunflowers for a 3-D effect.

Recipe:
  • White, green and gold shimmer cardstock
  • Patterned beige and green stripe papers
  • Spellbinders classic ovals and lacey ovals dies
  • GKD Heartfelt stamp set
  • Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Bic Mark-It alcohol-based markers
  • Antique linen distress ink
  • Bronze embossing powder
  • Green ribbon, yellow flat-back pearl
  • Buttons, twine

3 comments:

  1. I want to come to your house for Thanksgiving!! What a wonderful treat to give to your guests. Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at FTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you just come on over, Theresa! Thanks so much for the lovely comment! Love these challenges - they are soooo much fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, your table goody is gorgeous...so perfect for the FTTC this week! Thank you so much for playing again this week :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D