Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hi note card

**CHALLENGE WINNER**

Yesterday's Mix It Up Monday Challenge at StampTV was called "Colored Pencil Magic" and involved a technique that was new to me. The "black magic technique" is stamping on black cardstock with white pigment ink, then coloring/blending the image with colored pencils to see the color come alive. I really enjoyed this! I made a "Hi" note card using two stamps from the Gina K Designs Various Verses stamp set. I think it turned out okay... certainly better than some other things I've tried! It kind of reminded me of a drawing on a chalk board!

Recipe:
  • White, black, green, yellow and patterned cardstock
  • Corner rounder
  • GKD Various Verses stamp set
  • White pigment ink
  • Crayola colored pencils
  • Green polka dot ribbon
  • Orange sherbet and lemon drop flat-back pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D