Thursday, September 15, 2011

Celebrate

I entered a unique design in the August 15th Mix It Up Monday Challenge at StampTV! The challenge was called "Striped Background" and simply required the creation of a striped background. I created my striped background with flocking. This is the first time I've worked with flocking and really enjoyed creating this "Flocked Stripes" card! I used colors that I wasn't sure would go together - a deep shade of green, medium shade of purple and light shade of brown - but they definitely worked!

Recipe:
  • White cardstock
  • Kraft cardstock
  • Flocking - green, purple and light brown
  • Terrifically Tacky Tape by Provocraft
  • Celebrate stamp from Stampin Up! Lexicon of Love set
  • Dark green embossing powder
  • Heat tool
  • Ranger walnut stain distress ink
  • Versamark ink
  • Twine
  • Brads - dark green and tan
  • Rox gemstones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and taking the time to comment! I love reading them! Have an awesome day! :D