I created a project using one of my new favorite techniques... stamping on photo paper with distress inks on an acrylic block! OMG, you gotta try this! It's amazing! I played with eight different distress inks dabbed onto one large acrylic block, spritzed with water, and then "stamped" on glossy photo paper.
It dried fairly quickly (quicker than regular cardstock) and then I trimmed it and stamped the Lost Coast Designs Silhouette Fairy image in the center. I used a Dot Stippler and an additional distress ink on a sponge dauber to achieve the stippled background. I spritzed some homemade Perfect Pearls mist over it as the final step to give it just a little shimmer.
This card is absolutely gorgeous in real life. This photo does not do it justice. It's very tricky photographing glossy photo paper due to the glare.
- White cardstock from stash; GKD Tomato Soup cardstock; Paper and More Black cardstock
- 4x6 Epson photo paper
- Lost Coast Designs Silhouette Fairy stamp
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Ranger distress ink: Wild Honey, Shabby Shutters, Tumbled Glass, Victorian Velvet, Rusty Hinge, Crushed Olive, Mustard Seed, Dusty Concord, Antique Linen
- Blockheads Paper Arts Dot Stippler
- Homemade Perfect Pearls mist in mini mister
- Zva Creative gemstones
I hope you're inspired to create something for our Anything Goes challenge this time! Your project can be whatever you want, as long as it's decent and as long as you use rubber/clear stamps. Remember... no digis will be allowed this time. Thanks so much for stopping by today - we'll see you next time!