I created a pretty Spring-themed card featuring the Piestro Tile die which is one of many dies you'll find at One Happy Cut. I started by embossing the floral image in white embossing powder on distress watercolor cardstock, then inked the piece with three colors of distress ink. I flicked water droplets all over the piece and blotted them with a paper towel.
I colored the image with my Zig Clean Color markers and a Niji water brush (also blotted with paper towel) to get the washed watercolor look and then colored the flowers with clear Wink of Stella. I cut the Piestro Tile on the left side and added the ribbon and bow along with three gems. I put a scrap of plain watercolor paper behind the die cut portion and layered the piece on tangerine cardstock.
I embellished the inside rather simply with a leftover strip of the inked distress watercolor cardstock from the front and layered the panel on more of the tangerine cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in the two darkest distress inks used on the front which gave it a neat marbled look.
- Cardstock/Paper: Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock, Stampin' Up! Tangerine Tango
- Stamps: Unity Big Summertime Bouquet and Blossom by Blossom stamp sets
- Ink: Ranger distress ink- Fired Brick Rusty Hinge, Fossilized Amber and Peeled Paint
- Dies/Punches: Memory Box Piestra Tile die
- Accessories: Hero Arts White Embossing Powder, MISTI, Niji Water Brush, Studios Blackbird Ribbon, Queen & Co. Orange Twinkle Goosebumps